Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word Pad dominating Word

In Word, click on Tools | Options | Save tab | Save Word files
as: Word document (*.doc) | OK. As long as this option is set
correctly, then Word files you send to someone else should open
in Word at the receiving end.

Assuming you are saving as Word files, then the file association
for .doc files is probably messed up on your computer. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm .

jenn wrote:

I open a new document in Word, save in Word..and my system is moving the doc
to Word Pad...I can "open as" Word later on, however this makes for
difficulties if I am sending a document to someone else.

jenn