TF

Use a copy of the document so you have a fallback in case of accidents. Use
File, Open, select the document and then click the down arrow at the side of
the OPEN button and choose Detect and Repair.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Lobster" wrote in message
: I'm currently working on a lengthy Word file emailed to me by a
: client... problem is that it seems to be a bit 'odd'; it takes ages to
: scroll around the document and I'm very concerned it may just crash on
: me and become unusable (after I've spent hours of my time working on it!
: It's about 1.5Mb, 100 pages, with some screenshots embededded in it,
: which I know will affect things a bit; however I'm pretty experienced at
: working with docs like this and it definitely has a bad feel to it!
:
: Is there a way I can electronically test this document to see whether
: it's got any problems or is corrupted in some way?
:
: I could go back to the client for another copy but would rather not if
: there's no problem; furthermore any problem may still be there in their
: version...
:
: Thanks
: David