Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Default automaticly delete carriage returns

Try this: Find what: ^p^p^p and in Replace with: ^p^p. This will keep the
line ending paragraph mark and the blank line between names and address
combinations together. Repeat this a few times, if necessary, to clear out
the extraneous paragraph returns.

"Bonnie" wrote:

Thank you! I was aware of the ctrl H function, but I did not know how to
make it find returns.

Having done this I now realize I wasn't clear. I have a list of
information, namereturn address return, return return namereturn
address return repeat... I am attempting to remove the 2 (or in some cases
more than 2) returns that are in-between.

Any suggestions??

"SVC" wrote:

You can use Find and Replace (Ctrl+H). In the Find what box type (without
quotes) "^p" (that means Paragraph Mark, or carriage return), in the Replace
with box type a space, since you probably want a space between the last word
in a line and the first word in the next line. Click Replace All, all all
the carriage returns in the document will be replaced with a space.

"Bonnie" wrote:

I have a document with a ton of "returns" in it, does anyone know of a way to
automatically delete ALL of the returns in a document?

Thank you