Page numbers are not displayed:

* In Web Layout view

* When a document is opened in Normal view with background repagination
disabled (if this option is disabled after the document has been opened and
repagination has been accomplished, page numbers will still be displayed)

At and Ln numbers are not displayed:

* In Web Layout view

* In Normal view with "Draft font" enabled (oddly, "Wrap to window" doesn't
have this effect, even though the position and line numbers represent the
onscreen display and not the printed document)

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:19:06 -0700, "BrandNewOffice2003User"
m wrote:

The Page Number DOES NOT show on the Status Bar even though there are
multiple pages in my document. If the Status Bar is displayed then the

Page
Number should be displayed. Unfortunately this is not the case. Not

only
is the Page Number not dispayed, but the Line Number is not displayed.
What is wrong?

I can't quite duplicate that behavior. That is, I can't completely get
rid of the page number.

If I start with a blank document in Normal view, and go to Tools
Options General and uncheck "Background repagination", then the
status bar always says "Page 1" and there are no Line number or Col
number. When the background repagination is turned on or the view is
switched to Print Layout (which automatically turns on repagination),
then the status bar starts showing correct numbers.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman