Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Backspace deletes indentation of Normal style

If your indent was done with a Tab, then you'd be deleting the indent. But
since your indent is done in the Normal tyle, what you're doing is deleting the paragraph mark at the end of the Heading style and adding the text of the
first paragraph to the heading.

Presumably your Heading doesn't have any special formatting, such as Bold or
Italic, or you'd see that go away.

And you must be typing your section numbering rather than using "Multilevel
List," or the section number would go away, too.

Moral: Don't press Backspace when you're at the left edge of the first line
of a paragraph.

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 6:36:27 PM UTC-4, InR wrote:

In Word 2010 I have made a template with the Normal Style with a indentation at 1,3cm, just where the Header 1 text starts. Everything is lined up just perfectly.

1.2 Header 1
|Normal text
All Normal text should stay here

Everything works fine until the user hits Backspace with cursor location at the left of N of Normal text. In my mind the text should move up behind the Header 1 text. Instead the indent is deleted.

Then this is the result, Normal text moves out of the indent:

1.2 Header 1
|Normal text -------problem
All Normal text should stay here

Any way of blocking the user from deleting the Indent in Normal style?

I know I can reformat the complete template, move left page margin +1,3, have -1,3cm indent at Header numbering, but... is that the only way?
I don't want to lock the Normal style either.

Please help me...

Br,
InR