TF

That's how it works. Crap, isn't it? It really isn't a backup as such: Word
just retains the previous version as a 'backup'. If the current version
crashes out before being saved, you can only go back to the version saved
prior to the current editing session. So back up frequently (or get Windows
2003 server)!

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Ron Patterson" wrote in message
ink.net...
: Thanks Doug,
:
: Yes, I am looking for a .wbk file.
: However, I have found out more info.
:
: The program is acting really strange.
: If I start a new document and save it, no backup is made.
: If I then close, and reopen the doc and save it a backup is made.
:
: If I open and change the doc and save it, the backup will not update until
: close it, and reopen it and save it. Then the backup will show the
previous
: changes to the doc.
: Ergo, the backup only seems to work correctly once I save and close a doc
: and then reopen and resave it.
:
: Any thoughts?
: Ron
: "Doug Robbins" wrote in message
: ...
: It will be saved with a filename
:
: Backup of [filename].wbk
:
: Is that the type of file you are looking for?
:
: --
: Hope this helps.
:
: Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
: services on a paid consulting basis.
:
: Doug Robbins - Word MVP
: "Ron Patterson" wrote in message
: ink.net...
: Word 2002
: When I create a new document and save it (often several times) Word
: will not create a backup. And yes, when I go to Save As - Tools - Save
: Options, "Always Create Backup" is always checked, but no backup is
: created.
: Thanks
: Ron
: