rvance

Yes Daiya, exactly. And thank you. Kind of like a spreadsheet. You can
have any number of cells in a spreadsheet equal another cell. Change the
original cell, and all the others will change as well.

However, the article you linked to still leaves me a little puzzled.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

Cathy, if you are using abbreviations that you replace later using Find and
Replace, it would probably be more efficient for you to set up your own
AutoCorrect entries. See here for a full explanation of what I mean:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

The original poster did not mean like find and replace, though. He meant
something more like AutoFill--a form requires you to type your name 6 times,
you type it once, it automatically fills in the other 5 times.

On 1/30/05 6:46 PM, "CathyJ" wrote:

Do you mean like search and replace?

Go to EDIT, select REPLACE. Fill in FIND WHAT with (for
example) "FEF" and REPLACE with "Fred E. Flintstone".
Then tell it to either FIND or REPLACE.

Or, you could also go to Tools and select Macro. I usually
use macros for longer pieces of text/formatted text while
I use Find and Replace for small and simple replacements,
such as using initials or abbreviations when typing a
document, and then later doing Find and Replace when
finalizing it.

Good luck,

CathyJ