Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Default How do I create an index using links to pages in a document?

Place your cursor where you want the index to start and click on Insert -
Reference - Index and Tables and then click on the Index tab. Mark the terms
you want indexed and click OK.

"mkatz" wrote:

I have an existing document from a co-worker that no longer works here. When
you go to the index page, you can see that the pages are linked to the
document to automatically generate the page numbers. How do you create the
index page to do this. I've tried hyperlinks but it doesn't appear to answer
my questions. I am needing to create a report similar to the one she did and
would like to find out how this is done. If anyone can help, I would be
grateful. Thanks.