Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Graphs in Microsoft Word

So this would use the old Microsoft Graph applet? That would actually suit
me just as well since I'm comfortable with it (not that I've ever *liked*
it, but over many years I've figured out how to use it).

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Suzanne,

As I understand, in a standalone Word 2007 install, using Insert=Chart on
the Word 2007 Ribbon would be similar to what you'll see
if you use an Office 2007 package and use Office Button=Save As=Word
97-2003 document and then using Insert=Chart.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You say, "In Word 2007, the chart engine uses Excel to hold the data." How
does this work if you have a freestanding version of Word (that is, you
don't have Excel 2007 installed)? Do you not get the charting ability?

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP