Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default how can i stop new paragraph when hitting enter?

Did you look at that link I provided to you? Suzanne Barnhill suggested
that you remove paragraph before/after spacing. Did you do that?

If you want to start a new line without creating a new paragraph (that is
what hitting enter does) then press Shift+Enter.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

rockwoodlabs wrote:
I don't think I'm making myself clear.

I want to close a letter with:
name
address
phone

it's typing
name

street address

city, state and zip

phone #

I can't eliminate the spaces between the lines and not hitting the
enter button won't work!

"rockwoodlabs" wrote:

When typing a letter at it automatically skipping a line when I hit
enter. How do I eliminate this from happening?