Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John John is offline

Default Normal.dotm and NormalEmail.dotm

I have a question regarding Normal.dotm and NormalEmail.dotm in Word 2007

I am using Windows XP SP3 with Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 and
Office 2007

In a previous version of Office it was possible to copy macros, auto text
and styles via the Organizer method thereby sharing those items with other
coworkers. In trying to copy macros in 2007 via the Organizer method I
noticed that my Normal.dotm and NormalEmail.dotm always have temp files
active. I closed Word 2007 and Outlook 2007 and looked at those files via My
Computer dialog box/path.

Those two temp files are always active. Is that normal? Should they not be
deleting automatically with the closure of those programs?

If this is not normal, what areas should I be checking to see what is
triggering those files to stay open?

Because they are active I am not able to copy the macros to a different
computer.

Do you have any suggestions on this subject.

Thank you,
John
--
John R.