Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default In Word 2007, where is the text Insert/Overlay indicator???

As Greg says, you can add the Insert/Overtype toggle to the status bar.
Alternatively, if you want to restore the function of the Insert key on the
keyboard, you need to check the box for "Use the Insert key to control
overtype mode" in Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Editing options.

http://word.mvps.org

"BruceDLimber" wrote in message
I can't seem to get new text to overlay existing text by toggling the
Insert
key.

Where's the "Insert/Overlay" indicator? I don't see it.

Thanks! :-)