Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word Document (2003) the top margin

Open the template, change the margins then save the template. For the
default template (normal.dot) you should be able to change the settings from
the Page Setup dialog by clicking the default button there. Ensure that you
save the normal template when prompted. (you will be prompted if you set
tools options save prompt to save normal template).

"JoeB" wrote in message
When I open a new Word Document, the upper margin is too large (header?),
how
do I change the basic template that opens?