WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I want to rotate picute in MS Word, but option is grayed out.

Here's what you can do to rotate your picture in MS Word:
  1. Click on the picture you want to rotate. You should see a "Picture Format" tab appear in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Picture Format" tab. You should see a "Rotate" option in the "Arrange" section of the ribbon.
  3. If the "Rotate" option is grayed out, it may be because your picture is inline with the text. To fix this, click on the picture and then click on the "Wrap Text" option in the "Arrange" section of the ribbon. Choose any option other than "In Line with Text" (e.g. "Square", "Tight", "Through", etc.).
  4. Once your picture is no longer inline with the text, the "Rotate" option should be available. Click on it and choose the direction you want to rotate your picture.

If you still don't see the rotate option, you can try using the rotation handle instead. This is a small green circle that appears above your picture when you click on it. Click and drag the rotation handle to rotate your picture.