Karma

Default "WORD" merging fields to document

I am "new" to WORD so my expertise is limited.

I am doing a mail merge of data into WORD, and my fields show up on the
document with 'grey' highlight (or something like that) in the background. It
wasn't doing this at first, but now that I want to print them out, it prints
out the dark areas.
Can someone please tell me if I have turned on a key or something? I need
to set that off so that it won't print out like that.

I'm facing a deadline and need an answer quickly if at all possible.
--
Regards,
Karma