Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mikey :)[_2_] Mikey :)[_2_] is offline

Default bug? normal text appears as heading 1 in document map

Actually they dont just appear as heading 1.... they appear as heading 2 and
3 and 4 etc in the document map when i right click it and select the
appropriate option

"Mikey " wrote:

Im using micosoft office home/student edition v12.0.6425.1000 (the latest
version on microsoft update) running on windows xp sp2

The problem i have is in word 2007.

text formatted in my document with the normal style and with the caption
style appear as heading 1 in the document map. Yet if i click on the text in
the document they still show as being normal or caption text and not heading
1. Is this a known bug? or is there something i can try to fix this. Im
becoming paranoid. I wish i never started using word to write my thesis.