Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Commercial Printing and stapling of merge file

The plan is that you merge to a new document and then run the macro on that
document, which then treats each letter as a separate print task.

Tanja Ryan wrote:
Hi Doug,
I refer to the message below from 2006. I hope you can still help me
with the problem I have printing my mail merge documents with
staples. We generate newsletters every week and need to print them
with staples.
We are using Word 2003. I tried to use the macro below but it doesn't
do anything. Can you let me know how I insert the macro correctly or
if there is a different macro for Word 2003? That would be ever so
helpful.
Thanks a lot.
Tanja

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The following macro will send each newsletter to the printer as a
separate
print job which should then allow the stapling to take place:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count Step 1
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

I am not sure how you will go about convincing Staples to use it
however.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jim McColl" wrote in message
I generate newsletters for 2000 members. These are always 4 page
2 sided newsletters (8 printed sides). These newsletters are
stapled and placed in
window envelopes showing the members name, address and membership
number.
The
latter fields are obtained from and Access query using mailmerge
in MS Word.

I get them printed at Staples and everything is fine except they
cannot electronically staple the newsletters together because
word sends the merged
file as a whole job and Staples printer wants to staple the whole
thing as
single document.

Does anyone know a way to get their printer to staple the copies?
I believe
my predecessor was working on some kind of macro, but he is long
gone. I
suspect what is was is a VB routine to print one copy at a time. I
suspect
this may be easy to do, but as I am not familiar with Visual
Basic, I would
appreciate any assistance or alternate suggestions. I think if
someone provided me with the necessary code, I could figure out
how to insert it
into
a macro and get it working

Thanks