Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard O. Neville Richard O. Neville is offline

Default Difference between Screen View and Print Layout View

Try copying all the document contents to a new document and paste it in.
This will give you a document with your default settings, while preserving
the previous document. Click in the problem document; hold down the Ctrl key
and press, in sequence, A, C, N, and V. If this works, save the new document
immediately.

"Sue" wrote in message
I have the paper set to 8.5 x 11". The page shows as much wider in both the
Print Layout view and the Print preview, so that it apears that I can make
the print area larger. When I actually print the right side is cut off.
I've
also checked the print settings to make sure that they agree with the 8.5
11" size.

Is there any other setting that I'm missing?

It may just be a visual but it makes it hard to see what the final product
is going to be.