Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default how do I get rid of the comma after the company name

Save the block of fields that you have inserted as an autotext entry, then
when you do a similar merge using the same data source, you can insert the
autotext entry to place the fields with an 'Address Block' that actually
works.

migmog wrote:
Thanks for your prompt reply, I have used individual fields as you
suggest but it seems so time consuming.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Don't use the address block field. Use the individual fields and the
punctuation that you want.

migmog wrote:
When entering the address line in a mail merge I don't want the
comma after the company name, but can find no way of doing this
other than deleting on each letter.