Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Hall Tom Hall is offline

Default Word 2003 - F1 and macros

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:20:05 +0200, Cindy M.
wrote:

Hi Tom,

Color me confused,

First, you need to create the macro to which you want to assign the keyboard
shortcut. Make sure it's in Normal.dot Then you put that macro name in place of
TestWord.

I am a transcriptionist, and clients have different ways of how they want
their transcripts to work.

In general, I want to use F1 to designate either the interviewer in a
one-on-one interview, or the moderator if it's a focus group, so the actual
content of the F1 macro will change from client to client. One client may
want "Q:{tab}", another may want I:{tab}, and so on.

Replace ActiveDocument with: NormalTemplate

You've lost me here. What am I doing and how do I do it?

Please realize that I know virtually nothing about visual basic (which is
what I assume you're talking about here)

Now make sure the insertion point is blinking in the "Sub" and press F5 to
execute it. You only need to run it the one time. After that, F1 will always
execute the macro (until you loose Normal.dot, anyway).

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand you. I'm confused in that I don't
know if you're talking about the macro code you provided in your original
message, or if you're telling me that I have to write the macro that I
actually want to use with the F1 key.

I've tried a few variations on what I *THOUGHT* you were talking about, but
once again I run into the run-time error that tells me the F1 key cannot be
reprogrammed.

This is making me crazy....

Tom

--