Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2007 crash

Can you post the link (privately to the link on my web site if you prefer)
so that I can see what is involved?

jacame wrote:
so is there a way around it? I spoke to the IT section at the uni -
they were no help as they still use 2003 they are unfamiliar with the
problem and how to fix it.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I suspect this is at the heart of the issue. Word is unable to
create its temporary files because of the limitations imnposed by
the web site.

jacame wrote:
Unfortunately I have tried this one the website I download from
will not allow save target as

"Steve" wrote:

Try right clicking on the link and save target to your
documents...then use the Word Open as Graham suggested

"jacame" wrote:

I open the files as a link which opens Word 2007 itself, So the
open dialog does not come into it (at least I don't think so - not
very computer smart) I had a look at the file open dialog and
could not see an arrow near open am I blind? I could not see a
repair option on anything.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Start with http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
When you next open the document, from the file open dialog,
click the tiny arrow to the right of the open button and select
open and repair. Does that allow you to open it then print/save
it without problem?

jacame wrote:
I regularly import files from my lecturer who uses 2003 to use
for study. Problem is that every time I import the file and Word
opens in compatability mode it crashes as soon as I try to save
or print the document (these are usually the only actions I take
with the docs) The version of Office I have is 2007 Ultimate
(the one offered to Uni students to download for $75) I am
starting to think I should have saved my money. Can anyone
help?