Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jose Spanjaard Jose Spanjaard is offline

Default Section breaks in main document

Hi,

Using Word 2003, I have created a main mail merge document to merge with an
Excel worksheet. My main document contains (for several reasons) a continuous
section break. When I start the merge, this error message appears: "A field
calculation error occurred in record #". It shows for each record in the
worksheet.

It seems that the section break is the problem, because when I delete it
from the main document, the problem has disappeared. But now my layout isn't
correct anymore.

Can it be true that Word cannot handle section breaks in a main document?

Any help is welcome! Thank you.
José Spanjaard, The Netherlands