Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mail Merge and Graphic Insertion in OL/Word

You can't insert the graphic from the Outlook database, but if you have the
graphics named appropriately you can merge them from the hard drive - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

As for sizing, merge them into a fixed width table cell (without border?).
The graphic will adapt to the width of that cell (provided the graphic is
larger than the cell).

Colonel Blip wrote:
Hello, All!

I am creating a picture directory using Outlook and mail merge. I
have all of the pictures available on my hard drive so I can do the
mail merge and then insert the respective picture for each directory
entry. However, it would be nice if the MM feature from OL supported
the graphic in the OL Contacts. Maybe it does and I haven't
discovered how. So this prompts 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to mail merge the picture in each contact entry
along with the other pertinent name/address/etc.?

2. Assuming there is not and I have to insert individual pictures
into the finalized mail merge I have a different issue. I have to
resize every individual picture after I insert it into Word. Is there
a way to set up Word where the insert will be automatically sized to
a predetermined size?
Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail: