My "very short" passage was my lorem ipsum AutoText, which is a little over
a page. Given the amount of time the Replace operation took, I would not
fancy using it on a document of even 20 pages, much less 150!

"Greg" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Your sample while "very short" was obviously longer than mine which didn't
include a paragraph mark. My intent with the method I proposed was to
display the highlighted text and maintain the spacial relationship in the
document. I see the error of my ways and a better way to that end would

be
to use [!^13] vice * in the find what block. Your method is on the mark

for
displaying the highlighted text condensed together.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I tried this on a very short passage, and the Replace operation took

quite a
long time, leaving the highlighted sections followed by hundreds of

spaces
extending out beyond the margin. If I instead leave the "Find what" box
blank (no need to use wildcards) and replace with a space, then all the
highlighted text remains, each chunk separated from the next by a space.

had highlighted single words, but if there are paragraphs highlighted,

you
might want to use ^p instead of a space to separate them. I found that

that
worked better when I had highlighted paragraphs or parts of paragraphs.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Greg" wrote in message
Eric,

You can use EditReplace to make something work for you.

Save a copy of your document first!!!

For example if you only want to display and print highligthed text and
maintain the spacial relationship between text, you could use the

following
method.

EditReplaceMoreUse Wildcards.

Click the FormatHighlight button
Click the FormatHightlight button again.

Below the find what field you should see "not highlight"

Type a * in the find what field

Type a single space in the Replace with field.

Click replace all.

You can use the undo button (or CTRL+z) to restore the changes.

"Troubled!!" wrote:

Hi,

I am reviewing a 150 point document and am highlighting the key

points.
would like at the end of it to display and print just the

highlighted
text
component ie, hide the unhighlighted bits.

I have tried to use the autosummarise function, but it doesn't only

me
select a display just highlighted text.

I am using Word 2000, please help or let me know another approach.

Thanks

Eric.