Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Numbers in caption get a strikethrough

Have you tried to clear formatting on the number?

Run open and repair, if Word finds and fixes errors in the numbering or
styles, that may clear up the problem. I Word opens cleanly, then the
problem may be bad formatting.

You haven't said, so I have to ask. How do the numbers in your heading 1s
look? In any case, check the number format for outline list level 1. If
the double strikethrough is selected or if the "sometimes" square is there in
the font dialog, clear it. And if that doesn't help...

Unlinked styles (Char char styles) can cause odd formatting behavior, so you
might look for those. Search for information about them before trying to
delete them.

Although I'm not sure how much good they do, I also generally delete unused
user-defined styles and delete style aliases when I'm trying to get rid of
this kind of error. ...an uncluttered document is a stable document...??

I hope this helps,
PamC

Elin wrote:
No. Still no luck.

Thanks for trying.

Elin

You may want to try copying the contents except for the final paragraph mark
(ΒΆ) to a new blank document. Does that make a difference?

[quoted text clipped - 77 lines]

I appreciate any help!