Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Default password protect message

No, it is not. Until the correct password has been entered, Word will not
allow the document to "Open", so there is nothing you can do to get control
of it until the password validation succeeds.

Cheers

On 27/4/06 4:10 AM, in article
, "nldstorm"
wrote:

Hi there,

I have created a protected word document so that a password must be
utilized when opening a document. Does anybody know if it is possible
to adjust the message that pops up when somebody tries to open the file
and word requests the password? I would like to insert specific
requirements.

Please help!

Thx

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410