Jann

Yes, I used Insert-Reference-Footnote, but I see
no "default" box to check off and it does not default. I
followed your suggestion via Edit, Replace, etc. There
is no "More" on my options in Word 2002, but there is the
Wildcard box. When I finished, one number was
superscripted, but as I typed, no other numbers were. I
thought it would automatically superscript as I typed but
it doesn't. Perhaps I need to tell it what I want
superscripted? Brackets? ??