Posted to microsoft.public.word.mail,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Email Mail Merge to HTML format using Word 2007???

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express as the default mail program?

Did you use the Search in Windows Explorer to find a file *.pst?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Laila" wrote in message
news
Hi,

These are great suggestions, however I am having the same problem as CES
and
I cannot locate a .pst file on my system.

Could that be the problem? how would I fix it?

Thanks

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

First, this problem has been reported before, but no-one has yet
identified
the reason for the problem. I have never been able to replicate the
problem
here so have never been able to report the problem properly to Microsoft
support (we're just volunteers here) but I suggest that you do so if your
software is still under warranty from them.

There's one basic check you should make: is Outlook the default Mail
program
(IE Tools|Internet Options|programs) ?

There is one Microsoft KB article that says that if you have a COM Addin
called bxAutoZip (see Outlook
Tools|Options|Other|"Advanced Options"|"COM Addins") disable it
temporarily.
(If you have other addins and disabling them will do no harm, I'd do that
too).

Some people seem to have got rid of the problem by checking Outlook
Tools|Options|Other|"Advanced options"|"Enable mail logging
(troubleshooting)". Then restarting.

I would also consider finding your .pst file is, making a backup copy,
and
running
the SCANPST.EXE utility - on my system it's in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 )

Another possibility is that this problem only occurs when the user has
more
than one Outlook profile on their system. In that case I think the
suggestion is that Word is actually logging into a different profile from
the one you normally use. So you could
a. check that
b. ensure you only have one mail profile (Control Panel|Mail|Show
Profiles) and/or
c. recreate your Outlook profile (I don't have a good set of
instructions
for that right now)

Peter Jamieson

"Account Manager" wrote in
message ...
I have the same problem but NOTHING gets to the Outlook 2007 outbox.

--
Account Manager

"Mark Stewart" wrote:

I hope this helps.
I had a user ask me the same thing. After I went to their computer to
investigate I found that they weren't completely finishing the email
Merge.
If you are using the Wizard on the last step (Bottom Right hand corner
of
Word's email wizard) it states complete the merge. And when you click
it
it
appears as nothing happens. There is actually one more step (Step 6).
Above
it says Merge and has a link stating Electronic Mail, Click the link.
merge to mail window opens up and you will be able to choose the field
for
To: and type a subject line and choose a mail format. (HTMLetc). Then
Click
All Records and OK.

I hope this helps.
If you aren't using the wizard try it as it may uncover something you
are
missing.

Mark

"CES" wrote in message
I was hoping that someone might be able to let me know what trick is
merge an email list to an HTML format?
I have absolutely no problem if I wished to send the merge file
electronically using plain text as the Mail format but if I attempt
send the document as HTML it does nothing when I click Finish and
Merge\Send E-mail Messages.\(Mail Format - HTML) OK? If anyone has
an
answer I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. - CES