Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Can't Connect Word Mail Merge to Mail Client

If you are trying to merge to email using HTML format, I suggest you try a
test merge using plain text format,
a. to see if that makes any difference (you will have to respond to the
security dialog boxes that appear when you use plain text fomat)
b. because at least one user has reported that doing a merge using plain
text resulted in a working merge to HTML scenario (although others have
reported serious problems with Word 2007 merge to HTML).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"takalevy" wrote in message
I've created a mail merge file using Word 2007 and Excel 2007. It prints
great, but I cannot get it to send by e-mail. I'm sure problem is that I
have to define mail client and somehow attach it to Word. I have Office
2007
Pro Plus installed. I've configured Outlook 2007 to work as an IMAP
client
on GMAIL and it works perfectly and have set it up as default mail client.
also have Thunderbird 2.0 installed. When I go to Mailings Finish &
Merge
Send E- Mail Messages the 'Merge to E-mail screen comes up and I've set
the
To: Field to EMAIL which is the field in my data that contains e-mail
addresses, I've also set the Send Records to Current Record and clicked
ok.
The Merge to E-mail screen closes and nothing happens. I can't find
anything in the help screens to resolve problem. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.