Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
takalevy takalevy is offline

Default Can't Connect Word Mail Merge to Mail Client

Thanks very much. I got things working. I think the issue was that while I
was using 2007 Outlook, Excel & Word, my files were in the 2003 format so
2007 products were working in a 2003 emulation mode. I did a number of
things at once, but I think this is what I think fixed things. As for POP vs
IMAP, I prefer IMAP because my files stay on the server in case I use more
than one system to access files. I've got Outlook setup as an IMAP client
and things work fine now.

Thanks for your help

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm for a start.
I wonder if it would work any better if you setup Gmail's POP server option
instead of IMAP?

takalevy wrote:
I've created a mail merge file using Word 2007 and Excel 2007. It
prints great, but I cannot get it to send by e-mail. I'm sure
problem is that I have to define mail client and somehow attach it to
Word. I have Office 2007 Pro Plus installed. I've configured
Outlook 2007 to work as an IMAP client on GMAIL and it works
perfectly and have set it up as default mail client. I also have
Thunderbird 2.0 installed. When I go to Mailings Finish & Merge
Send E- Mail Messages the 'Merge to E-mail screen comes up and I've
set the To: Field to EMAIL which is the field in my data that
contains e-mail addresses, I've also set the Send Records to Current
Record and clicked ok. The Merge to E-mail screen closes and nothing
happens. I can't find anything in the help screens to resolve
problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.