Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Xanbaby Xanbaby is offline

Default Need an output field

I'm using Word 2003 and have created a document which analyses a database
and returns the result (Lots of If's, but once completed, it will be merged
frequently into many documents, so the setup and maintenance is worthwhile).
I wish to use these result in a master document, and can achieve and
automate this via an INSERT command.

The issue is that the INSERT command places a hard return after the document
is inserted, whereas I will frequently need to use the calculation in the
middle of several documents. What I was hoping to achieve is:

Set the result into a temporary field in word, then insert the document into
a region of the document where I need a hard return. I imagine a command
something similar to that detailed below would suffice.

IF condition A is met then tempfield = Output Endif

I should then be able to place the tempfield into the middle of the
document without generating a hard return.

Is it possible to manipulate the result of an IF command in such a manner in
MS Word? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.