Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Templates and dates

Insert a createdate field in the document template where you want the date
to appear- see also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"SlickRCBD" wrote in message
Is there a way to set up a template to open with the current date, but
when I save the document as a .DOC file the date will NOT change when
the file is opened at a later time?

I'm going to be using the template with both Word 2003 and Word 2007.
I am MUCH more proficient with Word 2003. In fact, I feel as bad with
Word 2007 as the first time I tried Word 6.0, if not worse as Word 6.0
was far more similar to ClarisWorks and AppleWorks GS than Word 2007
is to Word 2003.