Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NancyC NancyC is offline

Default Delete rows if merge field doesn't wrap

if there are multiple lines it forces a new page creating page breaks where I
don't want them. How do I get my page breaks correct for the shortest data
and the longest data?

"macropod" wrote:

Hi nancyc,

You should be able to use just the one line - the data will wrap to the next line, pushing the other lines down, if required.

--
Cheers
macropod

"nancyc" wrote in message ...
I have a merge letter where one of the merge fields can be one line or wrap
to mulitple lines. I currently have extra rows in the document to allow for
the merge field to wrap up to 4 rows. But if the merge field only uses one
row how can I delete the multiple blank rows?

.