Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NancyC NancyC is offline

Default Delete rows if merge field doesn't wrap

Yes I understand that, but depending on the length of each merge field. I
have to fix my page breaks.
This is a 10 page document with page breaks at specific areas. if the merge
field wraps it causes a new page due to the overflow and then all the other
fixed page breaks are wrong.
Can I format for the longest scenario and if it isn't that long delete the
blank rows?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You do not need to provide the "extra rows in the document" The merged data
will wrap automatically onto extra lines if it will not fit on one line.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"nancyc" wrote in message
if there are multiple lines it forces a new page creating page breaks
where I
don't want them. How do I get my page breaks correct for the shortest
data
and the longest data?

"macropod" wrote:

Hi nancyc,

You should be able to use just the one line - the data will wrap to the
next line, pushing the other lines down, if required.

--
Cheers
macropod

"nancyc" wrote in message
I have a merge letter where one of the merge fields can be one line or
wrap
to mulitple lines. I currently have extra rows in the document to
allow for
the merge field to wrap up to 4 rows. But if the merge field only uses
one
row how can I delete the multiple blank rows?

.

.