Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rose B Rose B is offline

Default Mail Merge and Access

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!! Peter - you have saved me from the lunatic asylum (at
least for now!). Thank you so much.

Is there anywhere I should have looked to find this out? I had tried
searching out documentation/help butu could not find anything on what the
various values are.

Thanks again

Rose

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Off the top of my head, try changing

, SQLStatement:=mySQL, SQLStatement1:="", SubType:=1

, SQLStatement:=mySQL, SQLStatement1:="", SubType:=8

(8 is wdMergeSubTypeWord2000)

There are one or two signs that Word 2007 deals with ODBC data sources
differently differently from Word 2003, but you always /used to/ have to
use wdMergeSubTypeWord2000 to make an ODBC connection.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 31/03/2010 22:42, Rose B wrote:
Thanks for your thought Doug - but have done that; it must be something
really simple but it is driving me crackers!!! Any other thoughts very
welcome.

Rose

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Maybe getting rid of the SQL prompt will overcome the problem.

See http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Rose wrote in message
I have an Access application distributed to users of Office 2003 and
Office
2007 via a runtime 2007 front end. The application needs to trigger a Mail
Merge
which will use query results in back end, which is protected by a
password.

I have coded VB to cope with this in an Office 2007 environment - but
when running with Office 2003 Word is asking for the data source when
initially opening the mail merge document from Accesss; when opened
directly
it does not ask for the data source and when responding with "No" to the
SQL
prompt it opens fine. You don't actually have to choose a data source when
asked, just click on "Open" and all is well. Can anyone help?

My code is

With myWordDoc.MailMerge
.OpenDataSource Name:="", ConfirmConversions:=False,
ReadOnly:=False, LinkToSource:=False, _
AddToRecentFiles:=False, PasswordDocument:="",
PasswordTemplate:="", _
WritePasswordDocument:="", WritePasswordTemplate:="",
Revert:=False, _
Format:=0, _
Connection:="DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ="& DataSource&
";DriverId=25;FIL=MS
Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;PWD=mypass word;UID=admin;" _
, SQLStatement:=mySQL, SQLStatement1:="", SubType:=1
.Destination = myDestination
.SuppressBlankLines = True
With .DataSource
.FirstRecord = 1