Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bj bj is offline

Default two spaces or one

When I was first taught to *type* the teacher was most insistant about
2-spaces & even got cranky because I used my *left* thumb to press the
spacebar (I still do, more than 50 years later).

My early *hand*-writing school years were in several different
states/countries/languages; no telling what I was told.
bj

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Stephen;

One more voice to the choir after having watched this conversation...
Whenever it arises :-) I'm always tempted to ask one fundamental question;

If you think back to when you first were taught to print sentences, did
your
teacher instruct you to put "2 spaces" between sentences or was the
instruction to leave "space" between sentences?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac