Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default two spaces or one

Along with not trimming, there is the issue of not noticing that you are
posting your answer in an existing line, which is going to start with a
quote character. This makes it very hard to determine where the reply
begins, since it appears to be part of the quoted text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
What really annoys me about bottom posting is that many perpetrators NEVER
trim the post. I agree that keeping at least the previous answer when you
reply is necessary, but sometimes replies are so far down the page I just
refuse to scroll down to read the answer.

Top posting a simple answer to a simple question seems to work really well
in here where most users top post.

Terry Farrell

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
Dave Symes typed:
In article ,
Tom Willett wrote:
[Snippy]

The bottom line is, who really cares? Except maybe those
who chastise others for top posting ;-)

Top posting is a heinous crime, for which you should be
flogged around the fleet.

On some sites. But here the concensus seems to be that it doesn't matter.
I bottom post unless there is already a top post; then I top post to keep
it all aligned.
It's a silly thing for anyone to argue about or even debate, actually.
Netiquette & most gurus believe in the trim & inline, then bottom if no
inline. Personally I couldn't care which. I stay out of trouble by
simply using what the concensus is. Oh, and ignoring dummies who troll to
make an arguement out of it.

I agree - who really cares?

HTH,

Twayne`

Dave

And no emoticon get-out, it's a serious business y'know.

:-\~