Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ilyaz ilyaz is offline

Default Word 2002

After I posted, I discovered that inadvertently I copied some shockwave file
from a web site and pasted it in my document. I do not need it and don't
know what file it is, there is only a placeholder. When I tried to delete
this file, the problem started. So now I should rephrase my question:
Why deletion of the shockwave file causes freeze? How to delete the
shockwave file from a Word document?

Ilya

"ilyaz" wrote in message
I have Word 2002, which worked fine until today... Today, after I worked on
a document and decided to save it, the Word froze... The only way to close
it - Ctrl+Alt+Del... Of course, all the editing was lost. Later, I started
to work on it again, and the same happened, program is not responding. I
tried another doc and it was OK.
May someone please tell me what's going wrong? Why cannot I save editing
in this doc? I mean, I can edit, I can click Save as, but that's it, the
program frizzes.

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida