Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Updating a table cell's value when it is calculated using a fo

BOB, right mouse does not work.

I go to the cell that has the sum total. I left click on the number and it
highlights it. I then right mouse, and it does not show Update Formula - as
it did with Office 2003.

Steve

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Just as an FYI: right-clicking the field works in 2007 just as it did in
2003 - you then have to select the Update Field command. But you do have to
right-click in the field, not just anywhere in the cell. Are you saying that
method doesn't work for you?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/1/09 8:21 PM, in article
, "Steve"
wrote:

Herb, F9 works - thank you. If i did not know this, what is the Word 2007
sequence of steps to there? I tried keywords in Word 2007, and it did not
come up.

Thanks,

Steve

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Select the cell that contains the total and press F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Steve" wrote in message
I know how to insert a formula in a Word 2007 table cell. However, when I
update another cell, I cannot get the cell where the formula resides to be
updated.

As a simple example, a vertical column might have 10 in cell 1, then 10 in
cell 2, and my Sum formula gives me a 20. This is fine. Now, when I
chanage
one of the 10 cells to 20 I cannot get the 20 total cell to change to 30.
In
Word 2003, you could do a right mouse in the formula cell, and it would
update the total. How is this update done in Word 2007?

Regards,

Steve