Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve Steve is offline

Default Getting Imformation from external files

Thanks for the replies. I don't think the directory mail merge will do what
I need. The exteranl file contains more information than is required and is
not divided into the correct sections. I really need something that will
search the exteranl file for a part no and get the associated information.
The include text field may work, I will do some more reading.

Thanks
Steve

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Why don't you use a Directory type mail merge?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi,
I am making a product catalouge for my company and I would like to be able
to automatically update the price and possibly product desrciption from an
external file, based on an entered product code. There would be a layout
like this, with each part being in a new row, I would like the
sections
to be updated from the exteranl file (either .csv, .xls, or .xml).

Part No. XXXXXXXX
Auto Update Description for XXXXXXXX

Price Auto Update Price for XXXXXXXX

Part No. YYYYYYYY