Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PK Laird PK Laird is offline

Default If...Then...Else MAILMERGE field not inserting correctly

I'm trying to use the Insert Word Field If...Then...Else function to display
certain text when the data field contains a certain value. However, when I
insert the function into the document, the field name becomes the numeral
"3." Consequently, it displays that text only where I have asked it to do so
if the value of the record is 3, because the field code reads { IF 3 = 3
"(true text)" "(false text)" }. How do I get it to compare the true value to
the value of the merge field I choose?