Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TBoe

Default Macro question

Thanks for the info Charles. The reason for the text box was for formating
issues.
I guess I really don't need them. Next to the date is a sentence and I
thought
it would be easier if you had to enter a date then the test would not move.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Why the text box? Generally fields in text boxes are not a good idea, and it
makes the programming a lot more tricky.

To get you started on handling a bunch of files, you might want to look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm which is on doing a replace
on all files in a directory.

In your case it would be relatively simple to adapt this to replace all DATE
codes with SAVEDATE codes, which may not be what you want.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"TBoe" wrote in message
news
I have about 50 Word documents that I have to change 4 date fields to
SaveDate format. I wanted to record a macro to delete the date, create a
text box, and
install the SaveDate field. Not being too familiar with macros, can this
be
accomplished? I tried to record the macro but it won't let me delete text
or
create a new line. The doc is not protected. Am I missing something?
The
mouse cursor has the tape icon on it but I really cannot do any editing.
Is
this nomal?

TY