Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Line for footnotes at the end of my text--how to eliminate?

Thanks, Suzanne. That did it. I had inserted an earlier endnote, deleted its
text but forgot to delete the note itself in the main/body text. After
finding it, that original line I was complaining about was gone as well.

BTW--I wasn't able to get that sideways-greater sign. I tried using the Ctrl
key as well as shift but that didn't do it. Do I need to go into the charmap
to do this, or the InsertSymbol chart?

--
Paul
Vista Home Basic
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you just deleted the endnote and not its reference in the text, then it
is still there. Use Find to search for the endnote reference (^e) or use
Browse by Endnote; you may not be able to see it in the text, but if you
select a character before and after the position where Find stops and
delete, then replace the deleted characters, that should take care of it.

http://word.mvps.org