Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how can I unlock automatic delete mechanism in word program?

You accidentally touched the "Insert" key while pressing Backspace.

On May 27, 4:09*pm, pink wrote:
while typing using Word, I encountered a problem. *after typing, I went back,
and wanted to change a phrase; by inserting the cursor at the end of the
phrase, I backspaced to erase the unwanted phrase. *Now when I typed the new
phrase, it simply is swallowing the text. *So, I must have triggered a
deleting mechanism. *How can I resolve this?