Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allnut Allnut is offline

Default Heading Style extends to page before Heading

Thanks your all of your help Stefan and Suzanne; this worked a treat.

Although, having read through some of the other posts in the forum it
appears that this problem is quite common. I guess I could have used the
replies from previous posts...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The most likely reason for this is that you have either an empty paragraph
or a manual page break preceding the heading and formatted with the heading
style. The empty paragraph can be removed or the style changed. You can't
change the style of the page break, but you can remove it and instead format
the heading paragraph as "Page break before" (Format | Paragraph | Line and
Page Breaks).

"Allnut" wrote in message
I have tried to search existing questions to see if this has been raised
already. I don't think it has so here goes...

I have created a template that contains 4 tier headings and other standard
document styles. The problem I am experiencing is that whenever I use ANY

of
my styles, the style gets applied to the line or page before the actual

style
is selected. This then causes issues with my table of contents, numbering

and
the document mapping as the reference point is moved to where the style is
incorrectly applied (i.e. line or page before). I hope this makes sense...

I would be very grateful if anyone is able to help me with this problem, I
apologise in advance if this has been raised before.