Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Default to One-Sided Printing for Single Documents

If your printer accepts PCL commands, you may be able to use a PRINT field
at the start of the document. A PRINT field is simply a type of field that
allows you to send instructions directly to the printer.

There are 3 possible data values for duplex setting: PRINT 27"&l0S" simplex
PRINT 27"&l1S" vertical duplex . PRINT 27"&l2S" horizontal duplex
(bookformat)

The codes after PRINT are 27 (escape), double quote, ampersand, lowercase L,
0, 1 or 2, uppercase S and finally terminated with a double quote.

Thus for simplex you would insert the following field :
{ PRINT 27"&l0S" }

OR

It would also be possible to modify the print settings by intercepting the
print routine with a macro in the document's template. For this to work the
user would need access to the documents template at print time, and you
would probably need to set up a copy of the printer driver configured for
single sided printing to switch to. See
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm for some examples.

"JenC" wrote in message
news
I have my printer defaults set to print double-sided. However, I do have a
couple of documents that I ALWAYS need to print one-sided. Is there any
way
to set the defaults for just these documents so the printer default is
over-ridden, and they print single-sided? Otherwise I often forget and end
up
having to print the document twice.

Thanks!