Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swimmer swimmer is offline

Default Keep cross-reference but remove hyperlink

Thank you. I also learned from trying this that Find & Replace works on field
code contents when field codes are displayed, which makes it easy to delete
many instances of the \h switch without writing a macro.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are saying that you want to prevent the cross-reference (REF)
field from being a hyperlink, do the following: Press Alt+F9 to
display field codes. For each REF field, delete the \h switch. Press
Alt+F9 again, and then select the document and update fields.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"swimmer" wrote in message
I want to remove only the hyperlink from the cross-reference, i.e.

keep the
cross-reference active, without having to go into the dialogue box

and
deselect 'hyperlink'. Is there a way to do this efficiently? Earlier

thread
about Crt+Shift+F9 removes hyperlink but also removes

cross-reference.