Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Migrating Forms created in Word 2003 to Word 2007

You can not only leave Word 2003 on your PC when you upgrade, but you can
have them both on screen at the same time -
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

Word 2007 is radically different from Word 2003, and for experienced users
there is a steep learning curve. I have both on my PC, but as I am getting
more familiar with 2007 (needed to update my web site) I find I am using it
more for regular work. This seems to be most people's experience.

Donna wrote:
Thank you, Graham, for your quick response. I will research the 3
links in your post. To answer your question access to Word 2003,
I do not believe you can upgrade to 2007 and leave 2003 on your PC,
so, no, I do not have the old program installed - that is exactly my
frustration! Everything worked perfectly in 2003, it is 2007 that
does not seem to be backwardly compatible and hence my old forms no
longer work as before. Usually, a new release is an upgrade and you
shouldn't need to go back to the old version. I have 2003 loaded on
other PC's here and I could always reload it on this PC as well but I
thought the whole point of a new version was to have a BETTER
product. I am so frustrated with the new release. I was a beta tester
for several months and started to like some things about the new
version and I assumed the bugs would be cured in the final release,
but alas....
I will now go check the sites you mention - thanks again!
BTW, just curious, do YOU use Word 2007?