Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default Find and Replace not working within template

If it has a grey background, it is probably a field. Use F9 to toggle the
fieldcode on and from the fieldcode you should be able to see a better way
of globally changing it. Alternatively, search for the field and replace it.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Grizzman" wrote in message
I downloaded the Employee Manual Outline from MS template page. i am trying
to replace the field/text[Organization Name]which also has a gray
background with our company name. Unfortunately it wont work. After
searching the doc it comes back with zero found, zero replaced. i try edit
field, nothing i can see that will allow this. does this issue have to do
with the fact that it is a template? in any case how can i use replace in a
template?

Thank in advance for all the help

Mark