Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default Find and Replace not working within template

Sorry about that: as Suzanne pointed out, it is Alt+F9 to toggle fieldcodes.
What would help if you let us see the fieldcodes. When you search for
fields, what doesn't work? Doesn't it find fields?

It would also be useful to know why you want to replace all the fields and
with what? There may be a much easier solution if we knew your goal.

Terry

"Grizzman" wrote in message
it didn't work, F9 didn't toggle anything, after right clicking on the
field it allowed me to toggle the fieldcode. however i did not see, or do
not know any better way to do this. i tried to search for the field and it
came back empty.

i ended up just copying and pasting what i needed over 33 pages.

maybe next time

thanks!

Grizzman

TF wrote:
If it has a grey background, it is probably a field. Use F9 to toggle the
fieldcode on and from the fieldcode you should be able to see a better
way of globally changing it. Alternatively, search for the field and
replace it.